HW- Levitation Rules

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed May 14 05:00:24 EDT 1997

In article <n1348613990.5029 at onecolor.com>, Dane Carlson
<dcarlson at ONECOLOR.COM> writes in follow up to Levitation being weak:

>Out and Intake and ASAM gets my vote as weakest (not awful, just weak) HW
>release's.

ASAM gets my vote as one of the strongest basically because it contains
the awesome Steppenwolf and is backed up with things like Reefer
Madness, Chronoglide Skyway, Kadu Flyer, City of Lagoons, whatever that
funky track opening side 2 is and so on...

This leads me onto a convenient question:

The lyrics for Steppenwolf are really brilliant, especially the way they
are sung with the hard edged consonants and exagerated pronounciation.
However, I have this nagging feeling that Calvert didn't in fact write
all these words and some should be credited to an ancient chinese
philosopher/poet. No I'm not kidding. Lines like "Under skies heavy with
snow, my eyes are convex lenses of ebony, embedded in amber" I think
should be credited to someone other than Calvert.

Can anyone say whether this theory is total bullshit or if there is some
element of truth to it and maybe suggest where I picked this information
up from?

Many thanks,

Mark Edmonds