HW- ASAM Rules

Dane Carlson dcarlson at ONECOLOR.COM
Wed May 14 10:20:59 EDT 1997

I wrote:
>Out and Intake and ASAM gets my vote as weakest (not awful, just weak) HW
>release's.

>Marc E wrote:
>ASAM gets my vote as one of the strongest basically because it contains
>the awesome Steppenwolf and is backed up with things like Reefer
>Madness, Chronoglide Skyway, Kadu Flyer, City of Lagoons, whatever that
>funky track opening side 2 is and so on...

I must confess to not having heard ASAM in a long while. I really dislike Kerb Crawler. Kadu Flyer is good. Steppenwolf as you said is killer, truly some of Calvert's finest moments (if indeed this true). Just a brillant song. Reefer M I liked simply because it was about pot smoking, as a song I find the live 77 tour version much better. I would think ASAM is the most "unlike" Hawkwind album they ever did.

Maybe it was only an Hallucination I'm no stranger to such things...
DAne