HW: honestly!

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed May 14 13:26:41 EDT 1997

On Wed, 14 May 1997, Alan Troup wrote:

> I haven't seen any response to this, so I'm going to assume that
> everything you said is accurate!  Thank you VERY much for
> this list!  I appreciate the trouble you took.  I have a few comments:

> >1973  Space Ritual Alive
>
> Is it "Alive" or "Live"?  I could swear my copy says "Live."   Also, isn't
> there
> a Space Ritual II?

There *is* a _Space Ritual, Vol. 2_, but it isn't a "legitimate release,"
which is why Jill left it off her list.  (That doesn't stop it having *the
best* version of "Time We Left This World Today" on it, though.:)

> >1975  Warrior On The Edge Of Time (UA/Liberty) (original with 'shield'
> sleeve)
> >        (also Griffin remastered CD as part of a package)
>
> I have the CD and it wasn't part of any package.  Am I misunderstanding you?

Originally it was remastered by Griffin and released as a boxed package
containing it and the collectors guide to Hawkwind book.  Subsequently,
the CD was made available sans book.  (In fact, all the Griffin specialty
package CDs were later made available separately.)

> >1978  PXR5 (Charisma) [original with wrongly-wired plug on cover]
>
> OK.  I have this album, and I heard that the plug was wrongly wired on the
> cover, and then they changed covers and the plug was wired correctly.
> The letter where I read this info said the wrongly-wired version was rare
> and valuable.  So first, is that true?  And second, how can I tell if it is
> wrongly wired?  It looked OK to me...

If it looked okay to you, then remind me never to ask you to do any
electrical wiring for me. ;-)

Basically, they connected the "live" wire to the earth pin (and vice
versa, if memory serves), which is something you're probably not going to
find in any DIY or safety manuals any time soon. :-)

Of course, if you're not familiar with how British plugs are wired, you'd
probably not see the harm in it.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Sundial, _Live Drug_