HW: Hassan I Sahba lyrics

Wed May 21 11:11:05 EDT 1997

On tis 20 maj 1997 21.15 "Albert T Bouchard" <ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM>
wrote:
> Does anyone know what the real lyrics to this song are? I've "gotten"
> the Quark album and they pretty buried on there. Curious :-)

    Stylistically, I've always thought this would be a great song for tBS
to cover if they were, for the heck of it, to cover a HW song.  The only
thing wasn't quite sure I could hear tBS singing out "Hashish, Hashish,
Hashish ..."

    But otherwise it's a great opportunity for a crunching tBS song with
interplay between Deb's vocals and some low, chanted, vocals from Al.  Can
you just hear Al singing "It is written" in the style he uses on "My
Civilization" and then Deb belting out "In the soul of the desert!" (Or,
indeed, whatever it is ;)

    In fact, It would be interesting to hear Al's low growl on the repeated
intro words to the various verses and the remainder of the verse from Deb.

Al: Black September, Black September [etc.] ...
Deb: Death unto all infidels in oil [etc.] ...

    Some morning musings, anyway ....

Cheers,
Carl