BOC: The Reaper in SCREAM

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Wed May 21 06:03:57 EDT 1997

The Gus tune isn't bad, and I think it's cool that BOC continues to
live on in pop culture (however tangentially), especially in a movie
that was as much of a blockbuster as Scream. My radio station
actually played the tune once (in our "new music" specialty show),
but as far as I know, it didn't make any kind of dent otherwise.

Speaking of which, I have a question, if anyone would be so kind as
to take a moment to think back on that strange decade we call the
70s. I grew up mostly in the 80s, so the only tunes I've EVER heard
on the radio are "the big three". What other BOC tunes got airplay
back in the Cult's heyday?

One final related note...A perfect way to get "Zilla" into the new
movie...I call up a so-called classic rock radio station and ask for
"Cities on Flame". The DJ says, "I don't think we got that one, let
me check...Nope. The only BOC we have is Godzilla, Don't Fear the
Reaper and Burnin' For You. I'll try to get one on for you. What's
your name, buddy?"

Has this ever happened to you?

--Nick