HW: New Pressurehed (was OFF:Hash Jar Tempo?)

QUEST dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Thu May 22 16:01:12 EDT 1997

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Ian R Fines wrote:
> Also, I saw the new Pressurehed digipak "Explaining the Unexplained"
> ....looks pretty cool.  Again, has anyone heard this?  any comments
> appreciated.

I must say that the new Pressurehed album is their best so far (IMO).

The first album (Infadrone) was around 50-something minutes, and leans
more toward the punky-industrial sound;

Their second (Sudden Vertigo) is around an hour long and is more spacy.
Much of it, IMO, sounds like filler to me.  (E.g., in the first track,
there is over 2 minutes of "droning noises" before the song turns into
anything of interest.)

What strikes me about their third (Explaining the Unexplained) is that
it's about 76 minutes long, yet contains >very little filler<.  "The Great
Orm" is about the only song on the album that sounds "filler-like".
Everything else is simply great stuff.  And the booklet that comes with it
is quite interesting, no extra charge. :-)

Damon C Capehart      | "Talent instantly recognizes genius, but
aka Le Monsieur Damon |  mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself."
dcapehar at utdallas.edu |    -- Arthur Conan Doyle