'97 version of Riff Kills Man! Now 3,700 metal reviews

MartinPopoff martinp at INFORAMP.NET
Sun May 25 13:38:00 EDT 1997

Hi there,

Semi-lurking Martin here. Just a standard blurb below for my new book. Of
course all the BOC's are in it, along with 3 x Brain Surgeons, Deadringer,
Flat Out etc, along with fairly long reviews of 29 different Hawkwind
albums, and also along with pretty much complete catalogues of any other
HEAVY band we've ever discussed!

Email me if any questions. Thanks fer reading!

Martin

Riff Kills Man! Again.

The follow-up book to 1993s Riff Kills Man! by Martin Popoff (me)
is now (finally!) finished and available.

Retitled The Collectors Guide To Heavy Metal, the new one adds 1,750
reviews to the original 1,942, for a total of 3,700 hard rock and
heavy metal record/CD reviews.

Even though we've managed to keep the page count to 550 pages, dont
let that number fool you. Content-wise, the book is close to twice
as long as the original Riff Kills Man!

In addition, over half of the original reviews have been rewritten,
edited, updated, or otherwise altered.

The book also includes a nineteen track CD sampler from premiere metal
label Century Media.

Improvements in coverage include:

1) many catalogue holes filled from every era

2) a next, lighter layer of more old 70s stuff

3) a next, lighter layer of 80s and 90s hair bands

4) WAY more death, doom, thrash, gothic, and black metal

5) many more solo bands/projects

6) more tribute records

7) more attention to CD reissues and box sets

8) more heavy alternative

If interested, heres the pricing:

US: $24 shipping included (US funds)

Canada: $30 shipping included (Can. funds)

International: $30 shipping included (US funds)

Make cheques or money orders payable to:

Martin Popoff

P.O. Box 65208

358 Danforth Avenue

Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4K 3Z2

Any other questions, please email me at:

martinp at inforamp.net

Thanks for reading this!

Martin