OFF: Kyuss monster lives???

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Tue May 27 10:03:35 EDT 1997

I don't know why I keep writing about Kyuss to a BOC/Hawkwind mailinglist...
... it's very OFF-topic and not many of the subscribers seem to care about
this band... bla bla skitsamma... ;-)

I was listening to the radio this morning and apparently Josh Homme, Nick
Oliveri and Brant Bjork (guitar+rhythm-section of the two first Kyuss albums
"Blues for the Red Sun" and "Wretch") have formed a new group called "Mondo
Generator" (a song on "BftRS").
This _could_ mean that Fu Manchu doesn't have anybody on bass and drums
anylonger -Bjork and Oliveri have been playing in Fu Manchu for a while.
Carl asked if this was a permanent line-up and I thought so back then... but
now I don't know anylonger...
If Jon Garcia, the singer on all Kyuss albums, quits his band Slo Burn and join
Mondo Generator then the original line-up of Kyuss would exist again... and
after Kyuss split in 96 he has done some vocals on Hommes solo-project
"Gamma Ray" so it doesn't look like they are enemies.
As far as I know Scott Reeder (Kyuss bassplayer on "Sky Valley" and "Circus"
still plays together with Eddie Glass and "a guy with a name that I have
forgot" (both former Fu Manchu musicians -replaced by the people mentioned
above)
in the band Nebula.

I can't help it but I think I can see some Hawkwind tendencies here -I think
you know what I mean. :-)

        mvh -Daniel Wikdahl

"Jag har en papegoja -så jag bestämmer" (Rickard Fuchs)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN