OFF: Bootlegging

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed May 28 05:57:56 EDT 1997

In message <199705272115.WAA13752 at brookes.ac.uk>, langner timothy
<96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK> writes
>Hi
>
>Can someone tell me how they bootleged concerts inthe earily 70s since I
>didn't think small tape recorders were invented until 76 or widly avaidable.
>Surly the machines were big so how did they get them in if so?
>
>Timothy Langner

Um, big tape recorders. The sound desk, for instance. Reel-to-reels too,
in certain circumstances. I'm probably wrong but it occurs to me that it
wasn't considered a problem until the mid 70's. If you asked Magic
Muscle if you could tape their show at the Free School in the '60's,
they'd have no reason to say no, is my guess.
--
Jon Browne
ObCD delayed another two weeks, oh nuts. Spiritualized - "Ladies and Gentlemen,