HW: On the 8th Day of Forever....

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Fri May 30 18:03:47 EDT 1997

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

>     By the way, where the hell in the gig (besides in SE London)?  Nearest
> tube stop?
>
>     Or actually, nearest tube stop to the pub, since that's where we'll
> meet :)

If it stays this hot then I'll be in the river swimming......

Head for Greenwich (opposite side of the river from Docklands) by boat
if necessary then head due south along the meridian 0 line (or close to
it) and Blackheath begins where Greenwich stops.   It used to be an open
exposed heathland where folk leaving London were waylaid by highway men
on a regular sort of basis.   {digression mode on:  actually one of my
17th century ancestors was summoned to appear in court for a highway
robbery he committed there but he didn't turn up for the trial for
some reason.....  -  digression mode off!}

Otherwise you'll have to take a train from London Bridge or Waterloo or
a long bus ride from Central London thro' Elephant & Castle.

cheers
jill

Observation> all these folk slaving over their computers on a day this
hot - has to be an examinations week.

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk