HW: Live and Kicking

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Mon Nov 3 10:53:50 EST 1997

> I should leave the reviews of the two latest gigs at Shepherd's Bush
> (good to meet up with everyone again!) and Guildford to those wot can
> do this better than me

Well I dunno about that, but here goes...

Friday was a good'un.  It started off fantastic, "Wheels" was right on, Ron's
delivery on "Warriors" was excellent - the boy gets better every time - and
A&B/GV was one of the best renditions I've witnessed (mostly 'cos of Jerry's
guitar work).  For me, it didn't quite maintain that level throughout, but it
was all good stuff.

Rizz was fine!  I thought about shouting "I voted for you", but since that
wasn't strictly true, I didn't...  and I'm not sure there's a qualitative
difference between "jump up and down, sling yourself around, let everybody
know that Hawkwind's on the ground" and "we've got the power, you've got the
key, we're BOC", but never mind!  He could have overstayed his welcome, but
didn't, I didn't think so anyway.

The mix was nothing special, but there was nothing really wrong with it
either.  Couldn't tell what synth parts were Dave and which were Crum, but
you never can with synths anyway.

Who was it turned up on bass at the end?  Our best guess was Dumpy?

I didn't see Dave do much, but then again I wasn't looking, and I must say I
didn't miss him.  Maybe he's getting ready to pass on the torch to these
guys????

I was in town earlier today for a meeting, so I had a look for _Distant
Horizons_, but no luck...  I nearly bought _Spiceworld_ instead,  then I
nearly bought _Jugulator_, and then I thought "sod it" and came home.

- Andy