OFF: Savatage

Alex S. Garcia asg at LAGUNA.COM.MX
Mon Nov 3 15:26:41 EST 1997

>>I remember reading something by someone who seemed like a Savatage
>>enthousiast on this list. Where are you and what is your name?

Funny that this should come up now ! I was the one who started this thread
soon before I left the list (must have been in July or August) and now, I
get back on, and what do I see ? A message about Savatage... for a moment I
thought the thread had gone on during all the time I was gone *grin* And to
answer your questions, my name's Alex, I was in France back then (I *am*
French) but I'm in Mexico right now.

>>I've been
>>an avid rock fan for 20 years, but I've never heard Savatage. Probably
>>because their album covers make me think of Manowar (!) and such bands..

*smile* Personally, I'd never even heard of the band until my then
girlfriend made me listen to some tracks off "Edge of thorns"... I then
listened to another album she had, "Handful of rain", and I found that one
really really awesome. Especially that one track, "Chance", which has by now
become one of my all-time favorite songs... but you gotta like progressive
to enjoy this one, and the whole album for that matter.

>>Anyway, I've heard/read some great things about them lately and I'd like
>>to find out more. Which Savatage album should I check out first?
>>
>Either "Hall of the Mountain King" or "Dead Winter Dead" would be good first
>trys..

Haven't tried those two yet, but they are in my "to-buy" list... I, of
course, would recommend the two I've heard - "Handful of rain" being the
better choice for prog fans and "Edge of thorns", perhaps, for those less
thrilled by the genre...

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
Read the Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & SF
  http://www.pelnet.com/icarus/