HW: Hawkwind: UFO scavenging cro-mags! I was right!

christian cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Tue Nov 4 14:02:35 EST 1997

Once upon a time I posted to BOC-L:

"Like so many german bands did, they picked up on the
technological advances yet threw convention out the window, just keeping
the ur-spinal throbbe... Hawkwind may be what cro-mags discovering
a crashlanded UFO might have sounded like had they started making
instruments of the wreckage."

then I read an interview with uncle Dave, and he sez:

" You can do all these things...Here at home, I actually plug in all my
stuff and play by myself with a drum machine. I can write bass lines into a
sequencer and the same thing with the keyboards. It's just a matter of
practice, what you are doing is playing with the machines, really. With all
this electronic music, you have to treat it as a barbarian would, you know?
I don't read music, I read a few of the manuals and I think, "fucking hell,
this is so confusing" and I would rather plug in and play the thing, off we
go! Yeah, I treat it as a barbarian would."

Hmmmmm.........?

BTW, any brits up for picking me up the LiS CDEP and the new album???
Will trade or caugh up some dough.

and Bob's yer uncle!

Christian