BOC: Screaming Dizbusters - This Ain't t

Ola Nyberg ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE
Tue Nov 4 14:34:00 EST 1997

Calling all BOClers,

Most of you true B.O.C. fans probably already know this, but just in case
you don't, I'd like to inform you of a single by Sweden's *the Screaming
Dizbusters* featuring a SUPERB cover version of *This Ain't the Summer of
Love*. This single was released in 1987 (I think) by AMIGO Records (I
think) and the Screaming Dizbusters are in fact Sweden's garage rock
kings *the Nomads*. They've released several singles (I'm, of course,
talking vinyl here) under the name of the Screaming Dizbusters, all of
which are great, especially an AWESOME rendition of the Dictators *the
Next Big Thing* (only released with an issue of the music mag of the same
name around 1989).

I truly recommend the *This Ain't the Summer of Love* single, if you can
find it... Otherwise, both *This Ain't the Summer of Love* and *the Next
Big Thing* are available on the Nomads' double compilation CD *Showdown*
(on AMIGO Records). This comp is pretty good, but most of the classic
Nomads material can be found on obscure singles, usually cover versions.

Cheers,

Ola Nyberg
Stockholm
Sweden