HW: Live and Kicking

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Wed Nov 5 07:12:19 EST 1997

> Does kinda grate that this fine LP (HW that is) won't quite reach the
> audience which would enjoy it...

Although I'm not blown away by it quite like you are, I know what you mean...
 DH (which I got Monday evening) has been fighting for CD-player time with
the three discs my postwoman brought me yesterday morning, which were New
Race's _The First and the Last_, Roky Erickson and the Explosives' _Casting
the Runes_, and Rammstein's _Sehnsucht_.  In this freely competitive
enviroment, of the very highest qualtity, New Race are presently winning (an
absolutely knockout version of "Looking at You" probably tips it).

So anyway, I've only listened to DH about one-and-a-half times so far, but
"Wheels" is my instant favourite...

> I gather the "Ladies & Gents" quote is from Sophie's World. Anyone read
> this book? Any Good?
> --
> Jon Browne

Lots of people have read it, surely - but not me :)  It's the one about the
history of philosophy, isn't it - "philo-sophie"...  could be good, could be
grim, anyone's guess...

- Andy