OFF: Screaming Dizbusters

Ola Nyberg ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE
Thu Nov 6 05:20:48 EST 1997

>>Ola wrote;
>> --- Screaming Dizbusters ---
>>I was thinking that perhaps someone had commented on my message about
the
>>Screaming Dizbusters. Well, if you have, I haven't received it, since
the
>>last 25 or so messages were chewed up by TFS. If you have any
>>comments/questions, please send the mail again (privately, if you
like).

>No, Ola no one has said anything about the Screaming Dizbusters...
>It's sad, isn't it?
>I've tried several times in the past to stimulate (ho ho :-) someone to
>at least ask me a single little tiny tiny Q about this band... but not
>a single person seems on BOC-l seems to be interested in Swedish
garagebands
>- no matter if Sonic Youth loves them or not. :-(
>They rather discuss obscure Australian acts which _may_ have done
>BOC covers but no one knows for sure (...maybe they have done BOC covers
>- I don't know, if the Anglicans don't pay attention to me - then I
don't pay
>attention to them... :-)

Yes it is deeply sad. The Nomads are probably the best Swedish rock band
ever. But it's not surprising that people don't know about them, they
tend to put mediocre stuff on their regular albums and then release
killer songs on obscure vinyl singles... Fortunately, some of these are
now available on the *Showdown* compilation.

>Well, never mind... the Nomads is IMHO one of the few real rock bands
there is
>(please - don't ask me what I mean whith this... it's just a feeling).
>The TatSoL cover kicks ass!
>I don't own it myself and the Screeming Dizbuster 7" have I only seen
pictured
>in Morning Final for a long time ago.
>But you owns it? Right?

Yes, I have a copy of it. The B-side is a track called *Out of the Frying
Pan Into the Fire*, a VERY BOC-esque (so to speak) song, and very good
too. I think that one's also available on Showdown. As I mentioned
earlier, the *Next Big Thing* single is a classic, as well as it's
B-side, *He's Waitin'*, also a cover, but I can't remember by who.
Recently, the Nomads released a mini album of covers of obscure Canadian
(!) punk bands called *The Cold Hard Facts of Life*. It's good but not
excellent. I'va also found a single featuring two Holland/Dozier/Holland
songs, one of which is *Leaving Here*, immortalized by Motorhead in the
seventies. Pretty good stuff! And not to mention the cover of *Wimp* by
some early eighties West Coast punk band (also a single, only released in
Spain, I think...). That one rocks! Don't get me wrong, they've done some
great songs of their own too. Check out the *Sonically Speaking* and
*Powerstrip* albums. There are a lot of classics on their earlier
releases too, but you must find them among all the mediocre stuff...

>                       mvh - Daniel

>ObLiveTape: the Hellacopters Roskildefestival -97

I suppose you recorded this from the radio show P3 Live? You didn't by
any chance record the Motorhead gig from the Cirkus in Stockholm, March
18 - 1997? I would love to have a copy of that!

Cheers,

Ola