HW: Jerry Richards

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Nov 7 06:30:31 EST 1997

In article <3.0.2.32.19971106185209.006b72ac at mail.castrop-
rauxel.netsurf.de>, Bernhard Pospiech <bernhard.pospiech at GELSENKIRCHEN.N
ETSURF.DE> writes
>The best gig on this tour was the longest gig HAWKWIND have ever played. It
>was the 140 minutes gig in ATHEN (Greece) with a couple of outstanding
>mega-long songs!!!!!!

How long was Stonehenge '84 then?  OK, I was somewhat inebriated, it had
been nearly four weeks on site before the show on Solstice night BUT it
was definately daylight when they started, my guess around 8 o'clock.
They took a couple of breaks during the night, Cardiacs doing a show
around 2 I'll guess. I know for a fact that when the sun come up over
the heel stone, I was standing in the middle of the Stones watching the
sunrise, and the Hawks were playing Psychedelic Warlords. I thought it
was around 10 by the time they finished, making the whole effort
something around 14 hours. This is probably way out, I was in another
world that night but it was daylight when they started and daylight when
they finished, including breaks. I did miss a few chunks of the set
because I was talking to one of the dancers (the ones in white on the Do
Not Panic sleeve) and we were getting on "quite well". Alice, her name
was.

Anyone else there? Anyone remember how long they played for? Anyone
remember anything? It's all a bit a blur now....
--
Jon Browne