OFF: Screaming Dizbusters

Ola Nyberg ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE
Fri Nov 7 12:58:34 EST 1997

Daniel writes (>) as a reply to my mail (>>)...

>>Yes, I have a copy of it. The B-side is a track called *Out of the
Frying
>>Pan Into the Fire*, a VERY BOC-esque (so to speak) song, and very good
>>too.

>"Out of the frying pan into the fire" - is that a set phrase in English?
>I'm thinking of a possible Deep Purple connection here...
>though it sounds unlikely...

Perhaps somebody whose mother tongue is English can help us out with the
phrase. I don't think there's any Purple connection here.

>>Recently, the Nomads released a mini album of covers of obscure
Canadian
>>(!) punk bands called *The Cold Hard Facts of Life*. It's good but not
>>excellent.

>I've seen it several times but never listened to it.
>One would really like to know why they choosed to play covers of
_Canadian_
>bands... funny theme of a album.

Well, the Nomads love to find songs by obscure bands to cover. And they
do it very well. I guess it is also a way of bringing attention to people
who deserved some but never got any.

>>I'va also found a single featuring two Holland/Dozier/Holland
>>songs, one of which is *Leaving Here*, immortalized by Motorhead in the
>>seventies.

>Holland? I don't know much 'bout Motorhead... but of course I've heard
(I
>own it on CD) "Leaving Here"... is it a Pink Faires composition?
>(Looks like I haven't done my homework properly).

Leaving Here is a Holland/Dozier/Holland composition, a very succesful
team of songwriters active in the fifties and sixties I think. I don't
actually remember who first recorded Leaving Here, but I'm quite sure
that the Fairies never did.
Actually, the Nomads also did an acoustic rockabilly version of the song
*Motorhead* (by I.F. Kilmister, of course) on an obscure compilation
cassette (!) in the eighties. That track is also available on the
*Showdown* compilation.

>>You didn't by
>>any chance record the Motorhead gig from the Cirkus in Stockholm, March
>>18 - 1997? I would love to have a copy of that!

>I'm afraid I didn't. But I've heard it. Wasn't the show broadcasted
sometime
>this fall? If it was... I think I know a person on BOC-l who might have
>it.

Scott Heller was kindly offered to get me a copy! Great!

Cheers,

Ola