HW: Jerry Richards

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Nov 8 10:08:17 EST 1997

In article <3.0.2.32.19971107165644.006aef90 at mail.castrop-
rauxel.netsurf.de>, Bernhard Pospiech <bernhard.pospiech at GELSENKIRCHEN.N
ETSURF.DE> writes
>At 11:30 07.11.97 +0000, you wrote:
>>How long was Stonehenge '84 then?
>
>Stonehenge      Festival        20.06.84        Wed     110 min
>Stonehenge      Festival        21.06.84        Thu     55 min
>Stonehenge      Festival        22.06.84        Fri     70 min
>

>Bernhard

Really? Did they do some extra length jam with only a few members
afterward or something? Like I said,  a) I was off my cake b) I was
otherwise distracted talking to a nice young lady and c) was aware that
at least one other band came on i.e. Cardiacs and did a show at sometime
during the night, but having said that I'm 100% certain that Psychedelic
Warlords was being played at sunrise. I'm also 100% it was daylight at
the beginning. I'm specifically talking about the Solstice night show, I
guess that must have the 20/21 Wed Evening/Thursday Morning.
I can't have been the only person on this list at this show. Anyone else
remember that night?
Naturally, I will bow to your greater knowledge, Bernhard, but this is
very different to my recollection of one of my peak experiences.
Are you certain that at no time after 10. p.m. that evening did any
part/s of HW come on and play? I thought they were just taking breaks
every couple of hours. Boy If I got this one wrong, then I can't trust
my memories of the mid-eighties at all!
--
Jon Browne
OBCd - DJ Shadow - Endtroducing