HW: Stonehenge 1984

Yuri Elik uriah at TANGRAM.SPB.RU
Mon Nov 10 08:30:54 EST 1997

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Pospiech wrote:
> >but having said that I'm 100% certain that Psychedelic
> >Warlords was being played at sunrise.
>
> Are you sure that you are talking about  STONEHENGE 1984 ??
>
> I am sorry but HAWKWIND didn't play PSYCHEDELIC WARLORDS in the year 1984.
> It was a typical song of 1981,1982 and 1983

> >Are you certain that at no time after 10. p.m. that evening did any
> >part/s of HW come on and play?
> I am not certain because I wasn't there. I have only my tapes and can see
> what HAWKWIND played in which year.
>
> But maybe I have not the complete tape from the 1st Festival day.

I wasn't anywhere near Stonehenge that time, but I think I can say for
sure that Hawkwind DIDN'T finished at all at 10 p.m. There is a video
"The Solstice at Stonehenge - UK - 1984" released by Visionary, and
there are two tracks recorded in the morning. I do not remember them
very well 'cause I don't have a video at home so a lot of time went
since I saw it last time, but - as I remeber - it was a sort of jam
where it was difficult to distinguish any familiar song.

Track listing (from http://www.visionary.co.uk/music/hawkwind.htm):
Stonehenge Decoded - Ghost Dance - Watching The Grass Grow - Utopia -
Social Alliance - Uncle Sams On Mars - Sonic Attack - The Right Stuff -
Dawn - In The Morning

Have a good time, Yuri