HW : Too long albums (was NEW ALBUM ROCKS!!!!)

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Mon Nov 10 09:47:24 EST 1997

At 10:57 AM 11/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>In article <v01510100630b6483f13b@[194.236.213.76]>, Kenneth Magnusson
><bishop.garden at FALKOPING.MAIL.TELIA.COM> writes
>>So what we need is albums where the artists has to pick the best, say,
>>seven songs out of, say, fourteen, instead of getting the full output since
>>the last album, anyone agree ?
>>
>>Kenneth

Jon Browne;
>well, not really, because, these days bands tend to release every 2 to 3
>years intstead of once a year. So really we're still getting more or
>less the same amount of "songs per year".

Hmmm, but I think I agree with Kenneth... New CDs often tend to contain
+15 minutes of crap... or, ehrm, maybe not crap... well, boring songs...
And Jon, AFAIK the tours are longer and in more countries in the '90s than
it used to be in the '70s... so there's not much time for the bands to
write new music.
Conclusion: less time to write + more playing time to fill = lots of lousy songs
(BUT yes, yes I know I know... some people can write on the road... bla bla...
and you can jam on the stage - testing new ideas... bladibla blabla... ;-)

                                mvh -Daniel Wikdahl

ObThingsYouShouldn'tDoWhenDrunk: Tell everybody in your unviversity class that
you want to cut their throats off
ObOtherHorribleThingsToAvoid: People looking at you like you're
Frankensteins monster

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR