HW: Jerry Richards, A. Davey, Lemmy

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Mon Nov 10 16:50:04 EST 1997

> I'm not saying that Ron is as talented a lyricist/songwriter/performer as
> Bob, just that his voice sounds  a lot like Bob's.

A lot of people (mostly non-Brits) say this, but to my ear (at least) they're
quite different.  Ron does *try* to sound like Bob sometimes, but I'd never
mistake him for Bob in a million years.

> I've never heard Jerry play guitar, nor have I heard Ron play bass. I
> guess I'll have to wait for the new album. Should be here any day now!
> Judging by the messages on this list, the new HW sound is heavier than
> before. I wonder how this is possible when Alan has been "replaced" by a
> "conventional" (I suppoose?) bass player like Ron?

At Blackheath especially, there was really very little fucking around with
synths and MIDIs and stuff, and that's part of it... also, Ron is a more, uh,
"direct", bass-player...  (which I happen to like, actually).

- Andy

ObCD: New Race - _The First and the Last_ (remastered)