HW: Jerry Richards

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Nov 11 06:50:00 EST 1997

On 07 Nov 11:30, Jon Browne wrote:
> How long was Stonehenge '84 then?
> Anyone else there? Anyone remember how long they played for? Anyone
> remember anything? It's all a bit a blur now....

I remember some guy wandering around selling stuff: "Acid.  Get yer acid
here!  Acid!  Amyl!  Rolls!  Sandwiches!  ...uh, mostly acid, actually!"

Musicwise, the Hawks came on around 8ish and played a couple of hours.
My girlfriend, who had promised not to say anything rude about them, didn't
know which band had come on stage, and asked "Who are these wallies?".
Then the Enid played a set, and I don't remember much after that.

Two days later I drove home.  I thought I wasn't stoned (which I wasn't
relative to many many other people), until 5 minutes had passed and the
normal world appeared around me.   Then a police car followed us for about
20 miles, which was not good for my paranoia levels.

Next year the free state asserted itself and beat everybody up.  I'm
glad I made it in the year I did.

Dave.

--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.