OFF: Ozrics

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Nov 11 13:40:00 EST 1997

On 11 Nov 12:59, Scott Heller wrote:
>         Is no one on the list going to see (and record) the Ozrics.

I saw them in Edinburgh, but didn't record them.  This was the best
I've ever seen them, partly because their drummer had food-poisoning,
and they had some teething problems with the lights.  After their
first number, the drummer was feeling too ill to play, so while he
was ministered to by a healer, the others played a very spacey number
on just synths and flute.  This, and an occasional problem with
their lights, provided a bit more variety than the Ozrics usually
deliver.

The rest of the set was excellent too.  They were really together,
the lights were good, and the sound was crystal-clear.  Their last
two numbers really crunched, again providing needed variety.  This
is the first year in which I've enjoyed an Ozrics gig more than a
Hawkwind gig (although both gigs seem to have been exceptions to
the rest of the tours).

Dave.
--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.