HW : Gig Review Fairfield Halls 29 October

Cutting, Richard richard.cutting at SYNOPSYS.LTD.UK
Wed Nov 12 05:39:53 EST 1997

Hawkwind - Fairfield Halls Croydon 29th October 1997

The atmosphere in the hall was pretty laid back. It was only 1/2 full
and I couldn't see any security present. This meant that you had lots of
freedom to wander about wherever you wanted to.  I spent most of my time
standing down at the front which was laid back and uncrowded.  Someone
later remarked that the atmosphere was very much like the early gigs.

The stage set was pretty basic, a few lights and some images projected
at the back of the stage. Mr Brock spent most of his time behind the
keyboards, only venturing out occasionally to play the odd bit of
guitar. Ron is certainly a lot more visible than Alan was, standing
right at the front of the stage most of the time. Capt Rizz came on
every so often but there was no sign of Lemmy.

The music was brilliant, particular highlights were 'Golden Void',
'Reptoid Vision' and 'Assassins'.  I also enjoyed some of the techno-ish
stuff that they played.

All in it was a very enjoyable evening.

P.S

I saw somewhere that there is a solstice party on 22 December at which
Hawkwind are playing.  Does anyone know anymore details ?

Richard.