OFF: Spiritualized

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Nov 12 04:33:45 EST 1997

In article <199711112032.PAA05750 at berry.epix.net>, Jerry Guizar
<jguizar at EPIX.NET> writes
>>Pure Phase
>>Lazer Guided Melodies
>>ladies And Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space  ]
>
>   I just picked up Lazer Guided Melodies. Are the other two similar
>sounding? I kind of like them, they remind me a little of Bill Laswell.

Pure Phaze is very similar, maybe a little more ambient, but just a tad.
Floating In Space is a bit more structured with a couple more songs, and
the inspirational influence coming a little more to the fore. Their
version of "Oh Happy Day" has been stuck in my head all morning. Shame
it's not been released on anything. I just picked up a cool
Spiritualized 12" of just Pure Phaze tones. It has 8 tracks which are
just phasing frequencies. It can be played at either speed (so it's 16
tracks really.) It's really for DJ's to mix live, but on it's own it's
just a 0bpm float. Nice!
--
Jon Browne