HW: Stonehenge '84

M S Wright M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Wed Nov 12 06:36:06 EST 1997

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, Jon Browne wrote:

> Like I said ...<snip>... I was aware that
> at least one other band came on i.e. Cardiacs and did a show at sometime
> during the night,
> <snip> I'm also 100% it was daylight at the beginning.
> Are you certain that at no time after 10. p.m. that evening did any
> part/s of HW come on and play?

My recollection is vague as well, but I know that The Enid also played
during the night, and I think they came on immediately after HW (pausing
to set up lots of keyboards). HW's morning set was without Huw, and was in
daylight (well, according to the photos I've got). I guess that HW would
have only had time for 2 sets with the cardiacs and the enid playing
through the night. If they started as night was falling (they certainly
set up in daylight) and started the dawn set around sunrise then if the 2
other bands are taken account of the HW playing bit during the shortest
night cannot have been much over 2 hours and 1 hour

Mike w