HW : Too long albums (was NEW ALBUM ROCKS!!!!) (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Wed Nov 12 08:43:24 EST 1997

>So what we need is albums where the artists has to pick the best, say,
>seven songs out of, say, fourteen, instead of getting the full output since
>the last album, anyone agree ?
>
>Kenneth

NO!!

I want to hear every track hawkwind record because if it's rubbish at least it
something. May be they should do albums of good music and then sell the
rubbish stuff on tpaes at gigs beuase I'd buy it but there again it is nice to
have an album of good music. But if they can make space ritual 2 albums why
can't a modern day album be 2 news jsut as long. The biggest problem with
ITBOTFTBD is that all the osngs were long isnturmentals. on their own most of
them were very good but lumped together I got bord hereing simlar things all
the time with hardly any heavy guitars on it. THe tour tohuhg was up there
with the 70s ones I heard. Not saying it soudned like the early 70s but it was
just a good set list with great keybaord tones.

Timmy Langner