HW: Jerry Richards

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Nov 12 09:26:42 EST 1997

Jon Browne writes:

> How long was Stonehenge '84 then?  OK, I was somewhat inebriated, it had
> been nearly four weeks on site before the show on Solstice night BUT it
> was definately daylight when they started, my guess around 8 o'clock.
> They took a couple of breaks during the night, Cardiacs doing a show
> around 2 I'll guess. I know for a fact that when the sun come up over
> the heel stone, I was standing in the middle of the Stones watching the
> sunrise, and the Hawks were playing Psychedelic Warlords. I thought it
> was around 10 by the time they finished, making the whole effort
> something around 14 hours. This is probably way out, I was in another
> world that night but it was daylight when they started and daylight when
> they finished, including breaks. I did miss a few chunks of the set
> because I was talking to one of the dancers (the ones in white on the Do
> Not Panic sleeve) and we were getting on "quite well". Alice, her name
> was.
>
> Anyone else there? Anyone remember how long they played for? Anyone
> remember anything? It's all a bit a blur now....

They played about an 80 minute set during the evening - that's the show
featured on the Jettisoundz video. I do remember that the sound was far
too low and there were shouted complaints about that. I also got
involved with helping a young lady look for a contact lens in the crowd
in the grass in the dark. This was unsuccessful.

> --
> Jon Browne

Mike "Mind Your Head" Holmes