OFF: ObCD

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Thu Nov 13 11:09:51 EST 1997

Mark wrote:
>>Examples being
>>ObCurryHouse: Stratford Tandoori
>>ObCD: Pink Fairies - Kings of Oblivion
>>ObThingtodowhendrunk: Go to ObCurryHouse...

>Seriously, is "Kings of Oblivion" available on CD? I have never seen it
>and jealously guard my vinyl copy. Thanks if you can help on this one.

I have "Kings of Oblivion" on CD.  I found it used at the Princeton (NJ)
Record Exchange (great store, btw).
The label is Polydor Japan, so it may be hard to find.  This same label
reissued Captain Beyond's albums
(everyone on this list should own a copy of their eponymous 1st album) and
Faust's 1st (the one with the
x-ray of a hand on it - also well worth seeking out.)

Speaking of the Fairies, does anyone know if they produced other records in
 the same league as "Kings"?
I got the more recent "Kill 'em and eat 'em", but it sounds pretty pale in
comparison, although granted the lineup is
different.

Chris