BOC headlining

Michael K. Elwood mkelwood at QSICORP.COM
Thu Nov 13 06:09:56 EST 1997

>> Q: About when did BOC become a headlining act?
>
>It kind of depends.  I suspect they were headlining in the NY area
>soon enough, then spreading to the northeast.  I know by Secret
>Treaties they were a headline act, but not always.  Around that time
>I actually saw BOC open for, I believe, BTO!  No shit, but it was
>cool, 'cause everyone left after BOC!

This reminds me of a clip I saw in an old (1975) high school
newspaper that one of my elder siblings had lying around.  The paper
published concert dates, including a 1975 appearance in Salt Lake
City by BOC (as the headlining act).  REO Speedwagon opened for them,
IIRC.  The reference cracked me up because the band was referred to
as "those weird heavy metallists, the Blue Oyster Cult".

Unfortunately, this was before my time.  I never saw the band in
their prime (i.e. original lineup intact).  8/

Back to the Lurkers Anonymous meetings....

MKE

Michael K. Elwood
QSI Corporation
email:  mkelwood at qsicorp.com