HW: Distant Horizons lyrics

Andrew Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Thu Nov 13 17:31:17 EST 1997

Here goes again...  Ron's lyrics are a bit of a word salad, which doesn't
make it easy...

Reptoid Vision:

The crown is red, turn gold into lead
Mercury switch and the atom is split
High tension wire, fire burnin' your eyes
Wheels of flame through the crack in the sky

... I lose [???]
Atom brain cell in a nuclear mind
Punch cocktail sip radioactive
2000 cockroach on a nuclear shockwave

Reptoid vision, silicon eyes
Brain switched on, kiss the planet goodbye
The gravity claw is scratching my brain
My feet are itching on the suicide train

Daddy was a loony in the looniest way
Mummy was a reptile ...
... the colour of red
Rep-sect in-tile in my head

Digital crystal, scratched with the scene
Escalator sidewalks, compared with our dreams
Fire created the chemical motion
Tidal wave curve on the rise of the ocean

Reptoid vision, silicon eyes
Brain switched on, kiss the planet goodbye
The gravity claw is scratching my brain
My feet are slipping on the suicide train

Revelations, everybody!
Revelations, I say!
You know the devil...

Atomic mutation
A man with five legs
Animal bird and human
Genetic engineering

Hey little boy
Hey Mum and Dad
Hey Uncle Sam

Centipede head, reptilian legs
Abdominal chest with a silicon breast
Back of the queue when they picked out my brain
Got to break out of the DNA

Digital crystal, scratched with the scene
Escalator sidewalks, split at the seams
Fire created the chemical motion
Tidal wave curve on the rise of the ocean

Reptoid vision, silicon eyes
Pain switched off, press the button and die
I told you before I won't tell you again
My teeth are biting on the suicide game

Population Overload:

I had barely left home before I noticed the rush
Thousands of people in a crush
Forcing me to move with my arms in front of my chest
A straitjacket suit, a concrete vest
All sizes same, looking straight ahead
What are you thinking of? Are we brain-dead?

The world's gone cock-eyed
Set to explode
Protoplasmic nucleus of DNA code
Automatic elevating
... accelerating
Automatic elevating
The escalator ...

Wheels:

Ship of steel, container of oil
In this world of the wheel
This world of oil
Our watch is declared, we must move on
Blackbird was heard, we were death to its song
Eyes of Apaches dictating the smoke
In cities, is there no hope?
In this world of the wheel
This world of oil