BOC Precious Moments

Thu Nov 13 16:52:37 EST 1997

Hoofah,  I got a million of 'em, but I'll try to keep it down a bit
for the sake of all you BOC tyros out there.  You can't help it you
weren't born in the Cenezoic era...

Biggest BOC thrill was probably roadieing for the band at Weedsport
Speedway for a huge outdoor gig.  Getting to handle and set up the
band's gear was something else.  But that was topped, when, during a
break, I got friendly with the guitar tech, who let me play Buck's
guitars!  I could've died happy at that moment...

Seeing BOC headline a gonzo show at Rich Stadium at the height of the
laser era.  With openers like Ted Nugent and Lynyrd Skynyrd, and a
crowd of?  Who knows, the place holds 80,000 for football, and it was
packed...We were about 30 feet from the stage.  Not sure of the date,
but Skynyrd had just released Street Survivors [and would be forever
scarred by the fatal crash about a week later!] so I'm guessing 1977.
Which would mean BOC was supporting Spectres.  This show was pretty
much the zenith of the laser days.  Outdoor gig meant the beams
traveled for miles into the horizon...A version of TCtLDoM that will
be permanently etched into whatever brain I have left in the years to
come.  Imagine BOC totally owning a crown of over 50,000--heaven on
earth...

Obviously the first show, which I believe was in Utica NY, before ST
came out.  Pretty sure that's the one opening for BTO.  Never had I
anticipated a show like that in my life, and man, did they deliver...

A show at Saratoga in support of OYFoOYK.  A free concert, with a
young Journey [just released their first album--these guys were
amazing before they went commercial] Second row for that one.  Eric
sat on the piano and sang Astronomy.  Incredible sound for that gig.
EB using a righteous HiWatt amp...Show featured the duelling guitars
on BtBW...Pretty sure Al was wearing 'lederhosen' [sp?] for that one!

A bar gig in support of the hated CN.  Significant only for the fact
that it was the first time I met BD and EB, and talked to them a bit
and got autographs...

And believe it or not, this summer's outdoor gig, 'cause I got right
up to the stage and took lots of righteous pictures...

All for now, I'm sure I'll come up with a hundred more by morning...

theo