BOC: fav moments

dahl dahl at AROS.NET
Thu Nov 13 18:42:23 EST 1997

My first concert in 1975.  BOC with Kansas and Ted Nugent warming up at the
Long Beach Sports Arena.  Besides being the coolest thing I've ever
experienced, a couple of things stand out in my memory.  The strobe light
ending of Flaming Telepaths where it seemed like the band would explode at
the end.  The light reflecting off the mirrored ball during the solo of
Last Days of May.  Joe Bouchard becoming my favorite bass player.  OD'd on
Life Itself being even cooler live than on album.  Al Lanier doing a whole
show without smoking a cigarette.  Stairway to the Stars being the best
opening song ever ( why the HELL couldn't this have been on OYFOOYK?).

On the lighter side at a later show, during the guitar break right before
the lead in The Reaper Buck dropped his pick (this was before the days of
the pick lined mike stand).  He stopped, then decided to try it without the
pick, then realized that it would be a fatal mistake when he got to the
lead part, so he stopped again and picked up the pick.  It was a comical
moment during the most intense part of the song.  You had to be there.

Brad Dahl

"Here I am, ready to help"  Lawrence of Palladium (for a few more days
anyways)
http://www.moosenet.com/poison.html