HW: Favourite Moments

Duane Hoyt gs590 at CLEVELAND.FREENET.EDU
Thu Nov 13 23:31:16 EST 1997

Reply to message from fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK of Thu, 13 Nov

>Andrew A. Apold writes:
>
>> >Huw's solo in "Who's Gonna Win The War"

I get shivers every time I listen to it.

>> Calvert's menacing tone on 'Steppenwolf'...

For me, it's gotta be Freefall when it comes to a Calvert moment.

>All of You'd Better Believe It

The first three songs on HOtMG.  Psychedelic Warlords, Wind of Change, and
D-Rider.  These should never be played without being togeher.  The way PW
ends with an explosion and the sounds of a lonley wind, right after singing
about disappearing in smoke and all that., then Simon's violin, another one
that sends shivers, And then to be followed by D-Rider.  What more need be
said.
TOP MEMORABLE MOMENT
Seeing them in Cleveland in 1974, I went not knowing what to expect, and
left knowing that you can be taken to another place and brought back by
music.  Hawkwind is the only band that can make me stoned without the help
of any sensory enhancing chemicals.

Take Care all,

Duane