BOC-L Digest - 9 Nov 1997 to 10 Nov 1997

Maxine Wesley mxw at DMU.AC.UK
Fri Nov 14 05:59:43 EST 1997

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> >" Sunrise I greet you, the beauty of your light, so warm and tender was never
> >the night.
> >In tears I see you, the last time it will be, so give me blessing , I´ll meet
> >my destiny"

[sniffle sniff] Are you trying to reduce grown men and women to tears?

> From:    Ron Jennings <sprawl at STARLINX.COM>
> Subject: Re: HW : Too long albums (was NEW ALBUM ROCKS!!!!)
>
> > The problem with albums like Electric Tepe, It Is The Business... and Alien
> > 4 is that they are too long, there are plenty of songs that could be
> > 'classics' but they fall together with all the crap that comes with them on
> > these albums. There are more albums suffering from the same disease, Rush -
> > Counterparts and Test For Echo, David Bowie - outside, Yes - Union etc etc.

My gripe with some of the later albums is similar - it's not that the
music is crap it's just that the tempos are so different it's
difficult to beleive that you are listening to the same album (or
even band in some cases) There is apparently very little thought gone
into the compilation, predominantly they have just been a set of songs
that they are playing at that time. There's some good spacey tracks or
musically sound sections so there you are drifting away in the
armchair and then <KABOOM> and <ZAP> you are shot out of your seat..
and the band have decided to play the Sex Pistols...

I'd like Hawkwind to release an album compiled with all spacey/musical or
all punky - that way I could play an appropriate album dependant
upon my mood, which as you might have gathered from the tone of this
posting is definatley 'punk' today. Grrrrrr

Maxine

> Q: How about Gong ?
>
> (Mel) Chisolm : Is that an indie band ?

ROTFL