HW : The Spice Girls

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Nov 13 12:17:20 EST 1997

In article <199711131504.PAA03158 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk>, M Holmes
<fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> writes

>Waht sort of insightful comments would you expect from a few silly
>little girls? They were playing with Barbie dolls when Hawkwind were
>playing their 1000th gig.
>
>> Jon Browne
>
>FoFP

Well, true. He showed it to me out of context i.e. HW in the company of
Capt. Beefheart, Gong, Stone Roses etc.    Knee-jerk response, really.

I would've preferred them to say the occassionally maligned RCA period
albums have weathered the years better than expected and are due for
some serious reappraisal. All 5 of us think Living On A Knife Edge is
fantastic and truly inspirational, and rarely off the turntable down at
SpiceCentral HQ, where all 5 of us live, like The Monkees.

No, really, that is was I expected. These people aren't worth 36million
because they know nothing about music. Of course they do. It's an act.
They know their Can from their Camel, I *am* sure.

And they know the difference between Kluster and Cluster and who did
what and what Klaus Dinger's doing now (or should I say Neu!)

                   <troll>
--
Jon Browne