HW : Too long albums (was NEW ALBUM ROCKS!!!!)

Kenneth Magnusson bishop.garden at FALKOPING.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Fri Nov 14 13:21:23 EST 1997

Hi,

>    Though good songs and performances can carry bad production.  After
>all, first albums from the >Beatles and Black Sabbath involved simply
>walking into the studio and recording for about 13 hours >... and are
>still classics!

But that brings us close to a live situation, doesn't it ? I think that an
uninspired and overwork production is worse than an inspired
under-production. A fast and primitive production isn't synonymous with
bad. Bootlegs, for example, are generally better than official live
releases due to the atmosphere You get with the bootlegs, why aren't there
live-albums like All the world's a stage and Space Ritual anymore, well,
the sound is too good.

Anyway, I still think that the basic problem is the fact that artists don't
have to pick the gems anymore. Only a fraction of the lousy songs are lousy
due to bad or wrong type of production.

Kenneth

Bishop Garden Records
Box 747
521 22 Falkoping
SWEDEN
Tel +46 (0)515 823 08
bishop.garden at falkoping.mail.telia.com

The Moor
http://www3.tripnet.se/~hmm/moor/

This message was transmitted from a MicroSoft-free device.