HW: Greasy Truckers on CD?

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Nov 14 16:07:24 EST 1997

>I just received a catalogue from Midnight Records in NY which lists a
>double CD called "Greasy
>Truckers Party", live at the Roundhouse 1972 with Hawkwind, Man, and
>others, for $52.
>
>Wasn't this a rare album, and is it worth buying?

$52.00, ouch.

It's a great album, though, is it a double-cd or are they cramming it
on one cd there?

They could cram a lot better if they drop that "magic michael" from
side 3, which I find to be just as about as unlistenable a track I've ever
heard.  His guitar-playing, his lyrics, and especially  his voice are each
abysmal enough to doom any song, but when combined they become almost
transcendently bad... IMHO, of course.

The first two sides, Man and Brindsley Schwartz are great, especially
the latter.

And the HW tracks are two of the best tracks of "Master of the Universe"
and "Born to Go" I've ever heard, period.

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |
Roger Shrubstaff,                       |
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random