OFF: Pink Fairies

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Thu Nov 13 19:34:39 EST 1997

Andy G.  wrote:
>> Speaking of the Fairies, does anyone know if they produced other records in
>>  the same league as "Kings"?
>> I got the more recent "Kill 'em and eat 'em", but it sounds pretty pale in
>> comparison, although granted the lineup is
>> different.
>>
>> Chris
>
>The core PF album discography is pretty brief:
>
>Never Never Land [1971]
>What a Bunch of Sweeties [1972]
>Kings of Oblivion [1973]
>Best of... (?) [1976-ish, not sure of the exact title because I don't have it
>- but it's got the legendary "Snake" single, which makes it important]
>Live at the Roundhouse 1975 [1982, lovely shocking pink vinyl]
>Kill 'em and Eat 'em [1987]

The "Best Of..." may be the album I have - just called "Pink Fairies" and
one of a series of similar albums that Polydor released all with similar
sleeve designs using photos as if they were straight off the tranny strips
& titles done with anaerosol spray - and indeed, it does have "The Snake"
on it - v. tasty!

ChrisW

ObMovie: Seven