HW: Wishart

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Fri Nov 14 17:15:58 EST 1997

>> Wishart was a pro, and sang in tune 100% of the time (!) but her stage
>> presence (costume changes, a few props) seemed more suited to the cheesy
>> amateur theatrics of an 80's neo-prog outfit than the mighty 'Wind.

How odd, because Hawkwind's opinion was almost exactly the opposite!  They
said she was great in terms of theatrics etc. on stage, but she often had
problems singing in tune (although I don't know why that should concern
Hawkwind, considering that Alan and Nik, for example, were hardly ever in
tune when singing).  I liked seeing her costumes/dancing etc.  I thought it
was cool.  I liked her voice as well, at least on recorded things, but it's
true that her voice was a little lacking live.
John Majka
flossbac at wcic.org