HW: DH artwork (wasRe: HW: Swindon show)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Nov 15 14:02:33 EST 1997

On fre 14 nov 1997 13.51 +0000 gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK wrote:
> I've not seen mention of the cover yet... does anyone else think the
whole
> cover/booklet has the look of one of the dodgy compilations? It's gotta
be
> some of the worst artwork for a "real" HW album I've ever seen (though
I'll
> have to stop and think about all the others just in case there's an
equally
> poor job already out there). The back cover is really atrocious!

    I thought it was pretty crap as well.  The main font looks like
"Gaelige", a rather unevenly executed representation of Irish type which is
available free on the net.  In white, it shows up very poorly against the
grey/white backgrounds.  The actual cover of the booklet is not too bad,
but the interior is disappointing: badly executed designs.  No lyrics, no
other weirdness.  The group shot picture looks OK though.  The EBS ad on
the back page is a little tacky--they could have at least made that a
disposable sheet.

    _Not_ a rival to the _ISOS_ packaging, this one .... and comes no where
close to the packaging of the remasters ...

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson