all the BOC and most Hawkwinds reviewed in book

MartinPopoff martinp at INFORAMP.NET
Sun Nov 16 07:09:51 EST 1997

Hi folks,
Semi-lurker Martin here. Thought I'd try my shameless plug, given that John
was so kind as to review my book months ago!

Book described below by me, pretty self-explanatory, but relevance wise,
the thing contains 29 Hawkwind album reviews, all the BOCs, Deadringer,
Buck, 3 x Brain Surgeons, Helen Wheels etc.

Also, for those with the technology, see below address for internet radio
shows I've done, basically half hour interviews plus music to 55 minutes.
They say they are all archived under INTRERVIEWS, or will be soon. It's all
free of course, this isn't a go pay thing,. If they're all there (I don't
even have the technology to hear em!), there should be Dio, Queensryche,
Bill Ward, John Corabi, Bruce Kulick, Ratt, Bruce Dickinson, Cradle Of
Filth, Sammy Hagar.

The latest is Ozzy and that's there for sure. I got to interview him in
person two weeks back. He was very cool and this might be the best I've
ever heard outta him!

Riff Kills Man! Again.

The follow-up book to 1993s Riff Kills Man! by Martin Popoff (me)
is now (finally!) finished and available.

Retitled The Collectors Guide To Heavy Metal, the new one adds 1,750
reviews to the original 1,942, for a total of 3,700 hard rock and
heavy metal record/CD reviews.

Even though weve managed to keep the page count to 550 pages, dont
let that number fool you. Content-wise, the book is close to twice
as long as the original Riff Kills Man!, which was 440 pages (this
is due to the magic of smaller point size, less interline spacing,
and tighter margins!). Number of words: 591,000 (yes, I counted!).

In addition, over half of the original reviews have been rewritten,
edited, updated, or otherwise altered.

The book also includes a nineteen track CD sampler from premiere metal
label Century Media.

Improvements in coverage include:

1) many catalogue holes filled from every era
2) a next, lighter layer of more old 70s stuff
3) a next, lighter layer of 80s and 90s hair bands
4) WAY more death, doom, thrash, gothic, and black metal
5) many more solo bands/projects
6) more tribute records
7) more attention to CD reissues and box sets
8) more heavy alternative

To see the front cover etc., go to www.cgpublishing.com

If interested, heres the pricing:
US: $24 shipping included (US funds)
Canada: $30 shipping included (Can. funds)
International: $30 shipping included (US funds)

Make cheques or money orders payable to:

Martin Popoff
P.O. Box 65208
358 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4K 2Z2

Any other questions, please email me at:
martinp at inforamp.net

Thanks for reading this!
Martin

Martin Popoff, (Power Chord Press: Riff Kills Man!,
The Collector's Guide To Heavy Metal, Guitar World,
LiveWire, Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles,
BraveWordsRadio on Virtually Canadian Online,
Chart, Glass Eye).

Stuff on The Collector's Guide To Heavy Metal,
my 540 page book of 3,700 metal reviews is at:
http://www.cgpublishing.com
Or, email me and I'll send detailed description
and ordering info.

http://gemm.com/s.cgi/MPOPOFF
for a list of collectible vinyl I have for sale.

Check out BraveRadio and BraveWordRadio
at: http://www.virtuallycanadian.com
(first go to Guide, then Wednesday).

Martin Popoff