OFF/(HW): Acrimony

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Mon Nov 17 05:20:11 EST 1997

Christian wrote:
>I've seen their new CD in shops and been somewhat curious... by a strange
>surf from the Voivod page to some metal band and to a record label I
>arrived here:
>
>http://www.grave.com/~mega/acrimony/
>
>Seem interesting enough. Sound like a cross between Kyuss and Cathedral,
>maybe with more of a psychey edge.... Hawkwind are mentioned along with
>Sabbath as primary influences and they have opened for Hawkwind in the
>past (most recently in London at the Empire on Halloween) - anyone here
>see them or have their latest album?

Yep, Carl does.
Someday when I either is very drunk or just feel like a rich man I'll
buy an Acrimony CD. Right know Fu Manchu's "Action Is a Go" is more important.
IMHO Acrimony sounds too much like Kyuss for me to really dig them.
No own original ideas.
But maybe they'll get a more distinctive sound in the future - they seem
to some potential (but they gotta get rid of their singer!)

                         mvh - Daniel

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR