HW: Three bad HW songs (was DH artwork, misc)

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Mon Nov 17 08:12:10 EST 1997

At 06:58 AM 11/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>>That's funny, as there is no studio version of BitB.  (Brocky basically
>>>verified that the Palace Springs version is cleaned-up-live, just like
>>>the rest of the album.)  [Just being nitpicky. :-) ]
>>>
>>I still find that hard to believe. It sounds far too perfect to have been
>>even partly live?
>>
>>William
>
>i'm with you william. no matter what is said about this album, i consider it
>a studio album. i could not care less where or when the sounds were
>recorded, they are still dubbed and polished, which as far as im concerned
>make it a studio album.
>rj

It can be a good studioalbum though...
But I it sounds quite pointless.
When I bought Palace Springs I couldn't believe I'd bought the live album PS
 - I thought that it maybe existed two albums with similar titles, of which
one was a studio recording and one was a live (hey, you can never know with HW)
Well, hawkjoe told me I was wrong - that PS actually is a live album.
But I still don't listen to it as a live album. I don't get the right feeling.
(Some of the tracks is pure studio, isn't they?).
I consider this to be false marketing... but at the same time I can't see
anything wrong with a studioalbum which contains some livetracks among the
others a la High Rise and so on. It just proofs that the band rocks outside
of the studiowalls.
You know, studio is ugly and live is beautiful... (I'll guess that's a
rather reactionary point of view :-)

But of course I'll buy 1999 no matter what. :-)

                mvh - Daniel

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR