HW: Wishart

Scott Bullerwell tanelorn at DIMENSIONAL.COM
Mon Nov 17 10:58:59 EST 1997

M. Holmes writes:

> I didn't think that Wishart's antics on stage were at all out of place
> for Hawkwind. We're talking about a band who've had nude dancers,
> members dressed in silver paint, jugglers, fire eaters, people playing
> with swords, people dressed as aliens, people dressed as mad professors,
> Nik's punk clown act.
>
> A tutu and a few bandages are somehow outrageous in the light of all
> this?
>
> Nah.

It's not that her antics were out of place--if anything, they didn't go far
enough in light of HW's histrionic legacy.  And she seemed embarrassed to
be doing them, and exhibited very little flair (audience's trouser-cuffs
notwithstanding!).  For those of you who remember Twelfth Night or Pallas
--both acts went through an original front-man (Geoff Mann, Euan Lowson)
who was OTT enough to pull the theatrics off, and a replacement (Andy
Sears, Alan Reed) who was not.

Based on what some others have said, I'd guess that the night I saw HW with
Bridget she was concentrating on singing ('cos the vocals were spot-on).

Scott Bullerwell