HW: 1999 Party lineup?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Nov 17 11:21:57 EST 1997

On mån 17 nov 1997 16.05 +0000 "Neil Shilladay" <shillada at GATWICK.GECO-PRAKLA.SLB.COM> wrote:
> Carl asks:
>> Ah, does anyone know for sure the line-up on _The 1999 Party_?  Mostly,
>> I'm trying to figure out the synth section ... I assume Del and Simon
>> House; is DikMik there?
>> It certainly sounds like Bob is on this as well.
>
> Well, I have the CD in my hands (haven't heard it yet).
> The mini poster has DikMik & Bob listed on the stage layout. (if that
>  helps..:) )

    Only somewhat, since I'm looking at the stage diagram as well ... :)

    My confusion is based on the fact that I thought DikMik was gone by spring '74 and I thought Simon House might be on board?

    According to my copy of _Born to Go: Hawkwind in the Seventies_, Simon House was unable to get a work permit to join HW officially on the 74 US tour, but accompanied them as an "observer" and "managed a few jams on the tour".  The book also says, DikMik quit for good in the summer of 73 ...

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk