OFF: more Swedish chefs (was: HW: the ICU CDrom!!!!)

Christian Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Mon Nov 17 11:45:50 EST 1997

At 10:56 17/11/97 +0100, you wrote:
>It is a long time ago I last ate Palt so had to check on the Net
>to be sure how you make it:
>>Pitepalt is a dumpling made from barley flour and grated uncooked
>>potatoes. The dumpling is stuffed with salt pork and cooked in boiling
>water. >The dish is served with cowberry sauce.

Ah! Here it's called "kumle", or even funnier, "raspeball" (meaning
"grated ball" (ouch!)!!!). Served with mashed turnips, which as we all know,
are the will of Satan to mash, and should be eaten raw and whole as
God intended.

>[I'm not sure what they mean with "cowberry"... but I'll guess it should be
>"lingonberry" - the "Vargtass" berry.]

Tyttebær!

>It doesn't sound so bad, does it? You can also mix it with some (cow)blood,
>if you want to.

as if it's not gruesome enough by itself.....

>Ever tried "Jansons Frestelse"? Or "Bullens Pilsnerkorv" ?

Jansons Frestelse is like mashed stinky burned kippers with some cream
poured on it or something isn't it?? I take the latter is a beer sausage??
Who is Bullen? Who is Janson? those sick swedish chefs....

>I... ehrm... I think.... well, eh... ABSOLUT!

Well any semi barbaric peasant can brew crude potato spirits but only
cultured people can make a good beer! :-) (why US can't make good beer, at
least not proportionally to the population :-)

>My father was involved in the building of some hotels
>(and bunkers, I suppose :-) in Bagdad before the Gulfwar.
>The bloody yanks bombed the whole city and maybe will do it again.
>You bastards! ;-) That's what I call the ultimate conflict 'tween
>Sweden and the US (poor dad, you should know that he's a glazier!

I thought for a moment you had buried him in the ice!

> Imagine
>what's left of his work!)... but I'm not sure if the Swedish government
>agrees...  :-)

My stepdad bought a video of Desert Storm assembled by the guiding hands
of Scheisskopf and Ted Turner. Talk about buying into the propaganda!

Christian

PS: if I had a choice I'd also take three helpings of pitpalt over smalahove.