HW : Too long albums (was NEW ALBUM ROCKS!!!!) (Forward)

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Nov 18 05:33:00 EST 1997

On 18 Nov 06:40, Mark Edmonds wrote:
> Anyway, despite people contending that HW never did a duffer, you have
> to be objective about it and there are plenty of them.

But since no-one agrees on which are duffers, objectivity goes out
the window.  I like most of the ones you slag off -- I like all of
IITBOTFTBD and Alien 4, all the recorded tracks with Bridget singing,
at least half of Space Bandits, and most of XC.  I agree more with
Christian - Waiting for Tomorrow and Solitary Mind Games are desultory,
and I agree with those who don't like Wings.  I could list others,
but I think it's pointless.

The only two HW tracks with no redeeming features at all that I can
think of are:

  Running Through The Back Brain
  Utopia ("If you want to get into it, ...")

But I'm sure there will be people on this list who like them!

Dave.

--
Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.