Live 76 Vinyl

Tue Nov 18 12:33:11 EST 1997

>Probably because Live 76 was realesed during the 90's when vinyl was no
longer popular.  It certainly wasn't released in 76 or was it?  What say
you FAQ MAN?

I have no knowlege of Live 76 being released either on vinyl, or cassette.
It did, however, get released in 1991, so certainly vinyl was not even
as popular as it is today.  This release is a bit weird -- the video shot
for it was something that is done (or was done) at the venue, where the
video footage was played back on a screen during the performance.  It was
not originally intended as any sort of release, but was put together with
an audio of the show (I've heard that Geranios may be the culprit, but I
don't know for sure, and I may be remembering this wrong) and it got
released as a video (and a bootleg video, I think).  Somehow through all
of this the audio to that video got released by Castle Communications as
the CD that we all know and hate (because of the rather bad sound mix).
I believe that Albert may know more about this - at one time he mentioned
here about suing someone over this.

Note:  I don't know what year the original bootleg video came out, but I
suspect it was before 1991?

John